Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Coffee toppings

After this morning’s exercise class, I walked over to the Hyatt for coffee and the papers. I was delighted when I went to sprinkle toppings on my latte, as the cinnamon container had one of those screened tops that sift it so nicely onto the foam. The I went for the chocolate, and three things went through my mind in rapid succession:



  • The holes on the sprinkler are way too big

  • Wait! It must be grated chocolate.

  • This is going to be the best morning coffee ever.

It was a cool morning here in Scottsdale; the same temperature here as in Boston when I got up—37 degrees. There was frost on the grass when I went out, something I hadn’t imagined I’d see here.

But I sat outside on the hotel patio, with a fountain bubling beside me and a view of the McDowell Mountains beyond the golf course. With the New York Times in hand and looking forward to my sister Joan’s arrival this afternoon, it has a heck of an enjoyable cuppa.

I’ll surely be grating some dark chocolate onto my latte at home, which will drive Bob crazy. Not being a coffee drinker, he gets playfully impatient when I put on a frother pot to warm milk for my coffee, then hand pump it to create some foam. His cup of tea is much simpler.

No comments:

Post a Comment