Saturday, September 25, 2010

Taking comfort in food

Started a new job this week, and Marjorie, my eldest, knew just what to do to help me through the first day. She sent me two photos of food.

I guess she knew that I was excited about starting something new, but still a bit nervous, and that connecting over food would soothe me.

Here's her message:
Hi Mom! Hope your first day is going well. Here's that old picture I said I was going to send you, which is tofu, spinach, pea pods. corn and carrots in peanut yellow curry with couscous and naan. Then my lunch today ... which I'm currently eating! ... is pasta in garlicky romano cream sauce with peas and pea shoots (which are really good), and pieces of thick cut bacon. I've come to learn that all food looks and thus tastes better on square plates!

MKC
I didn't get a taste, but the food looks good and it's presented very nicely on those square plates. (Also, I'm delighted that she's eating her veggies. I must have done something right raising that girl!)

The week went well, and I knew I was in the right place when the entire staff was invited for beverages and snacks Friday afternoon as a welcome to fall.

Thanks for inspiring me to get back to the blog, Marjorie. It's been quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment