Sunday, March 14, 2010

Emergency Fluff shipment

Sent Marjorie back to England with four vats of Marshmallow Fluff last week. She's studying there this semester, and it seems that her British friends are fascinated with Fluff, which isn't available there.

One woman wanted to use it to make whoopie pies. (Something I never do, but more on that later.) Others wanted to try Fluffernutters. I'll ask Marjorie for an update on how the Fluff was received.

Early on in her stay there, Marjorie mentioned that "there are no cups or teaspoons," which I found shocking, given the tea-drinking culture. It took me a moment to realize that she was referring to the use of metric measure in cooking, so I included some measuring cups and spoons with the Fluff. I'm slated to make chocolate and pumpkin whoopie pies when I visit later in the spring.

By the way, Fluff originated in Massachusetts and can be difficult to find in other parts of the country. Check out the "Fluff Finder" on the Marshmallow Fluff Web site, which also has the Fluffernutter jingle!

1 comment:

  1. Two jars of fluff made it safe and sound and were delivered to their intended recipients. Peanut butter fluff and Ritz sandwiches are very trendy in Norwich right now. The other two exploded all over everything in that plastic bag and now the cups and teaspoons are floating in a big blob of fluff that somewhat miraculously retains the normal consistency of fluff after staying out in the open for a week. I have been waiting for inspiration about what to do with the whole affair and how to salvage the remaining fluff. Until that comes it's still in the bag in the corner of my room.

    ReplyDelete